I was really looking forward to Mother's Day this year because my mom and two of my sisters were going to visit. They had planned to visit in early April, but had to reschedule for Mother's Day weekend. We were all excited to see Granny and we had special presents for her and the Aunties. We were really disappointed when my mom called Friday morning saying she was in the ER and would probably need surgery. The most important thing was for Mom to be healthy and safe so we shed some tears and moved on. It was hard for Kimball to understand, especially since he had been watching out the window for them before 7:00 Friday morning and they weren't even expected until dinner time. The other bad thing about a canceled trip was that I had already made the two desserts for their visit so now I have two desserts staring me in the face every time I open the refrigerator...I'm just glad my mom talked me out of the THIRD dessert I was planning on making, especially with my bike gone.
I told Joseph that since my Mother's Day was not going to be what I wanted he needed to make it extra special...he did. He made me breakfast: omelets and toast. We like omelets and I was glad we actually had cheese, ham and green onions on hand for the omelets.
Joseph also gave me a nice wall decoration to put above our mantle. We have been needing something in that spot and I think he made a good choice. Here are a few pictures of it:


The most important thing about Mother's Day though is the opportunity to be a mom. I love my kids and I'm lucky to have two cute ones that are good most of the time.
Here is a picture of Rebecah and me. We never could get Kimball in a picture. He always wants to see before they are even taken.

So, all in all, Mother's Day ended up being good and we were able to still have a special day. We'll just celebrate Mother's Day again in June when we make a trip to St. Louis.
No comments:
Post a Comment