Monday, May 3, 2010

The Novelty of Blue Eyes

In our congregation at church we have quite a few Hispanic members. Since Joseph speaks Spanish fluently he works closely with them. Since I am married to Joseph, the kids and I interact with the Hispanic members. I’m trying to bring back some of the Spanish I learned in High School and college. The ladies at church are patient with me and gently correct my mistakes even if I make the same mistake every time I see them.

These same sweet ladies all like to hold Rebecah. They comment on how beautiful she is and many of them have commented on how beautiful her eyes are. Currently, Rebecah’s eyes are blue. I’m not sure yet if they’ll turn to a light brown like Kimball’s did or not. I never realized how exciting fair features could be until I stopped to realize that if a person is only around dark eyes, hair and skin it would be different to see a child with light hair, eyes, and skin. One sister even joked that her baby has blue eyes too; they are just hidden beneath dark chocolate colored eyes.

I love blue eyes and I hope Rebecah keeps her blue eyes…but if not she’ll join the ranks of the brown eyed bunch and be in good company.

No comments: