So I have never liked corn tortillas. They have never tasted as good as flour tortillas and they are hard to work with without them cracking and breaking. BUT...when our ward had our Cinco de Mayo activity earlier in the month I had my first taste of warm, fresh corn tortillas and they were amazing. They were so much better than anything you would find or buy at Walmart or any other grocery store. Joseph always said that I needed to experience fresh tortillas in order to like them, and he was right.
A little over a week ago we were making Mexican food and Joseph went to the local tortillaria and bought some fresh corn tortillas. We have learned how to heat them so they are pliable and yummy. I'm now a fan of corn tortillas, although for some meals I'll still need my flour ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment