We packed a lot into September! We stayed busy until the day school started.
On Labor Day we went to Green Lakes State Park for a hike. Joseph and the kids stayed after the hike to play at the lake with friends while Rebecah and I went home.
The day after Labor Day we took a trip to the Harriet Tubman house and museum. It was nice to learn a little more about her. She was such an impressive woman! We couldn't actually go in her house since it's under renovation, but we could see the outside of it. We were able to go into the house she had for the aged and infirm. It was similar to other period houses that have been renovated and decorated with period furniture.
House for the aged and infirm.
Joseph, Lincoln and Annika went camping to Selkirk State Park which is on Lake Ontario. They had a lot of fun. Eden didn't want to go camping since it isn't fun to sleep on the ground. I completely understand! I hope Lincoln and Annika enjoy camping for a few more years so Joseph can have camping buddies.
We made it to the first day of school!! I love the first day of school excitement. This year Kimball is a Junior, Rebecah is in 8th, Lincoln and Annika are in 3rd and Eden is in 1st. They all have great teachers and I think it will be a good year.
Wearing blue was the theme for the day, except for Eden.
Walking into school on the first day!
Rebecah is playing on the Freshman soccer team this year. We were able to go to most of her games in September. Sadly, during her 3rd game she suffered her second concussion. She wasn't hit that hard, but it was enough to give her a concussion. She has been battling headaches, vision problems, sensitivity to light and noise, balance issues, etc. for the last week and a half. Hopefully, she will be able to return to playing before the season ends.
She's number two.
After 34 months Rebecah finally got her braces off!! She has a beautiful smile now!
Sharing the oversized chair at Urgent Care!
Kimball is surviving cross country. He says he doesn't really enjoy running long distance, but he wants to stay in shape for track. We were able to make it to one of his meets. Cross country meets are the best. You watch your child run and then you can leave. We were at his meet for only 45 minutes!
We attended the annual back to school barbecue at the elementary school. My kids love this annual event and I now enjoy it, too. I walk the track with a friend while the kids play with their friends.
Cross Country Meet
Elementary School Walk-a-thon.
Rebecah and I went to the "Futures" game at school where all of the underclassmen soccer players are recognized.
We have rec league soccer games every Saturday and practices during the week. We have had open houses and back to school nights that have kept us busy when we aren't at games, practices or meets.
I was called to be the Primary President. I have been serving with the children for the last year, but this will be a more involved roll as I get to know the children and teachers better.










No comments:
Post a Comment