Monday, September 4, 2023

August

 August was filled with activities so each day flew by, but the month seemed a little long.  The three little ones did a three week swimming lesson session.  All of them improved their technique and enjoyed having these lessons with friends.  It was our first time having lessons outside and while the mornings were chilly for swimming, only one lesson was canceled because of weather.  

The kids played a lot with their friends this month.  Kelsey and Maddy are either at our house or my kids are at their house.  It's fun having friends in the neighborhood.


Movie night with friends.

A one-on-one conversation at swimming lessons.

I had my first experience tie dying shirts.  In all my years I had never done it before.  I think all of the shirts turned out well.  Eden's shirt needed more dye, but she didn't want to put on more.



Eden finally learned to ride a bike.  She was so excited.  She isn't a risk taker so it took her a little longer to learn.  At first she rode as fast as I could walk and then she got faster and faster and I can't keep up with her anymore! 


Kimball rode in the New York State Time Trial.  For his age group he went 20km.  It took him just over 36 minutes and he came in second place.  He rode really well. This was the first race I have taken him to and it was fun spending the day with him.  He would like me to devote all of my weekends to cycling races, but I told him I couldn't do that to the other kids.  The weather was perfect so that helped the day be extra wonderful.






Kimball turned 16 on the 23rd.  He wasn't very excited about his birthday this year and didn't really care much about presents.  He did like the 'I 💝Russellville' shirt.  He has mentioned so many times how our quick trip to Russellville was the highlight of his year.  Kimball has no desire to drive or get his permit.  In NY state you can't get a permit until you are 16.  He'll get his permit eventually.  Kimball loves cycling, the Cleveland Guardians (baseball), and walking with ME!  He is on the cross country team this fall.  



A trip to the zoo.

My mornings were very busy dropping off and picking up the older kids so my friend Jenny took her kids and my three younger kids to the zoo.  They had a great time together!  It was such a nice day I was disappointed I couldn't go with them.  

For the summer, our zoo had two koalas visiting from San Diego.  On the day my kids went the first 100 kids to enter the zoo received a little koala stuffed animal that strapped to their wrist.  My kids and their friends were numbers 94-99 so they just made the cut.  They are wearing their koalas in all of the pictures.










At the park that hosted swimming lessons they had free crafts and activities daily.  That is where we did the tie dye.  One of their crafts were perler beads.  My kids loved that activity. We had some perler beads at home and when those were gone I bought more.  Eden had a play date with two friends and they spent a long time on perler creations.


We made our annual trip to the State Fair.  Rebecah's back has been hurting and she has been gong to physical therapy for the last two months so she stayed home.  

Kimball and I walked around while the rest of the family went to the circus. Kimball and I found out that traffic lights are HUGE!  

There was a nice dinosaur exhibit in the Expo Center.  It was fun to see all of the moving dinos and their sounds.






Lincoln and Joseph went to the Oswego Speedway speed way for some car racing.

Rebecah had school soccer tryouts the last week in August.  She was VERY excited to make the freshman soccer team.  

School starts in four days.  We have teacher assignments and schedules, school supplies and snacks, so we are just about ready.  

No comments: