We celebrated Kimball's 10th birthday on August 23rd. It's hard to believe Kimball has been with us for 10 years! He sure is growing up and looking older. He will start middle school as a 5th grader this week. He is excited. He is still learning to play the cello and doing very well when he practices.
Here are a few pictures from his Birthday.
At church the birthday children are sung to and while everyone sings to them they get to wear these lovely cupcakes and dance with their friends! Kimball's primary teacher sent me these pictures. These boys are getting to the age where this type of things isn't so fun, but they were good sports to participate with Kimball.
Baseball cards! Kimball loves to collect sports cards...baseball, football, soccer, etc it doesn't matter, he just likes to look at the players, teams and stats. It's something fun that he and Joseph do together or Kimball and his friends. I actually think Joseph was more excited about these cards!
Letting Lincoln help!
It's only a book and not an exciting present to some people although I personally love books, but this is probably Kimball's favorite gift. He LOVES the movie "The Adventures of Tin-Tin" so we decided to get him one of the books. They are comic books from the 50's, I think. There are a lot of books, but we just gave him once in case he didn't like it. I think he has read it at least 3 times already.
Kimball found this poster at Goodwill and wanted it so I just wrapped it up for him. He loves looking at team logos and even though the poster is outdated he loves it.
Kimball's big gift was a new bike because he has outgrown his other bike. I hope this new big bike will last him for a long time. It seems like he needs a new, bigger bike every year.
In the evening after eating Thai chicken for Kimball's birthday dinner we had a family over for key lime cheesecake for dessert. Kimball enjoyed having a friend over to play with to make his birthday special. I also made white chocolate cranberry scones as a special breakfast for him. We didn't get a single picture of the birthday food this year. I'm slipping!


No comments:
Post a Comment