My mom got married at the end of July. Joseph was able to take a few days off to watch the kids so Edie and I could sneak away to St. Louis. I was so glad i was able to be there. We were gone 5 days and it was a nice little break from my normal routine. The best part of the trip was seeing family...not only my sisters, but my extended family, too. I really think I have the best family. I haven't seen my uncles and grandparents for 5 years, but it's always so fun when the Zimmerman family gets together. My dad's brother, Paul, was also at the wedding. He showed up to surprise my mom. It was good to see him too because it had been a really long time since we had last seen each other.
I arrived Thursday evening and my mom wasted no time putting me to work! I think that night I frosted 3 cakes. Friday I frosted another 3 and went to the store for my mom. I was glad to help. I figured it was only fitting since my mom did so much when I got married. Friday evening we had a family dinner at the church. My mom married David Chase and he has 5 boys. All of David's sons were able to be in town for the wedding and most of them were able to come with their families, too. There were a lot of us so that is why we went to the church to eat and visit.
My mom's friend, Linda, with some helpers from church did a
beautiful job decorating the cultural hall.
With Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman.
I love my grandparents!! My grandpa is 95 and I have to admit that he is starting to get old. I was glad I could visit with him and Grandma. I personally think my grandparents look great for their ages. My grandma is in her upper 80s and is beautiful!! I hope my skin looks as good as Grandma's skin when I'm 88!
Johnson Girls.
We have always been "the Johnson girls". I was so happy so many of us could be together. We missed Kristin, a lot, but I hope we can pull off a Sisters Retreat in a few years.
Hint, hint.
The bride with the mother and father of the bride!
Edie was my travel buddy. She was so good while we were gone.
My mom made all of the cakes for the wedding and Miriam and I frosted them. My mom wanted to make sure that the cakes tasted good and not just look good so she opted to make them. I am not ashamed to say that I tried all of the cakes! Heather and I shared small slices from all of them. I know 7 cakes are pictured, but there were only 4 cake flavors...red velvet, chocolate, yellow and carrot. My favorite was chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.
Heather and I were bffs while I visited. Chandra and I took over my mom's roll as Heather's caretakers. It took two of us to do what my mom does by herself. The three of us had fun.
Four generation picture! I have a picture like this with Kimball when he was 8 months old and now Edie at 9 months. They are the only Coffey grandkids to have actually met Grandma and Grandpa.
i think she's beautiful even when she is wearing a bib that says: "BOY". Oops!
These last 4 pictures are of the cousins. The entire Leigh family was able to be in St. Louis and it was fun to see how they have grown!
Christian is so sweet and so smart. He is like a walking dictionary. He would walk into a room and start saying the names of everything he knew. It was a hoot!
Kate and Edie were good buddies.
I was so, so glad Joseph could take time off work so I could make the trip. It meant so much to me to be there to see Mom and David get married and to spend time with family. Joseph and the kids had a different outing every day. Even though the kids said they missed me Joseph kept them busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment