Eden (Edie) Elizabeth joined our family in Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:47 a.m. She weighed 6 lbs 5 oz. and was 19 inches long. She has a lot of dark brown hair. I'm so excited to have a dark headed baby! She is our biggest baby but she still seems so tiny. The c-section went well and we were glad to head home on Friday. There's no place like home.
| One last pregnancy picture. |
| My "delivery" room. I always think operating rooms look so messy. |
| Greeting everyone as they walked in the room. |
Joseph brought the kids and Chandra and Christian to the hospital Wednesday evening. Everyone loved meeting the new family member.
| Aunt Chan and Eden |
| Cousin Christian and Eden. |
| Here Joseph is showing the babies a "pea pod" toy. He made each little pea face peek out so now they refer to the toy as "Peeking!" |
Joseph and Eden and then Rebecah watching over Eden very intently.
Kimball and Eden. Annika and Eden.
Lincoln and Eden and then Rebecah and Eden, again.
I had no idea how Lincoln and Annika would respond to having a baby in our home. I know they like seeing babies, but having one in our home was still a worry to me. They both genuinely love Eden and like to hold her and watch her. They get concerned when she cries, too. Lincoln and Annika ARE having a bit of a difficult time understanding why I won't hold them, pick them up and let them sit on my lap. As they cry just wanting to be held it breaks my heart. Sometimes sitting next to me just isn't good enough. I'm just glad they won't remember feeling "unloved" by me when they get older. I try to give them as much affection as I can by holding hands with them, touching their heads and having them sit next to me when they aren't too wiggly.
Here is Eden in her car seat ready to come home from the hospital. Lincoln holding Eden. He really gets excited to hold her and asks to hold her multiple times a day. It's a relief that he loves her so much since I'm not currently able to hold him or pick him up.
We are so glad to have added another sweet spirit to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment