Monday, October 17, 2016

Annette's Birthday 2016

I turned 37 on Columbus Day.  It was a great birthday.  Chandra was here to help me celebrate so we took a day trip to Palmyra.  Since we don't know when Chandra will be back I wanted to make sure she could visit the amazing church sites in Palmyra so we went for my birthday.  We had a good time even if the kids did get a little bored by the end.

Group picture at the Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center

I told Joseph not to get me anything too expensive this year since we have spent a lot of money adding on to our house this year and I was glad he listened.  He did get me a cookbook I wanted and a Nativity set from Guatemala.  The kids each picked out something small too.

Everyone is always so excited for birthdays even if it isn't their birthday!

Guatemalan Nativity
I told Joseph it would be fun to have a nativity from the countries he visits.
So far I have my Guatemalan and German Nativities.

For dinner we had a favorite meal--spinach burgers--and a French Silk pie for dessert.  The pie was amazing and worth the calories to eat it.  It was chocolaty and smooth and just divine!  I also converted Chandra to spinach burgers.  She and Christian really liked them.  They sound a little weird and most people are a little suspicious of them, but they are really good.

 

As you can see, Lincoln loved the pie so much.  He now asks for "pie" a lot even if the
chocolate treat being served isn't actual pie.  He and Annika both like chocolate. 

No comments: