Thursday, August 25, 2016

Kimball's 9th Birthday

Kimball turned 9 on the 23rd.  It's hard to believe we have a 9 year old in our house.  I think Kimball had a good birthday.  I made him the breakfast of his choice--white chocolate cranberry scones.  He had a chore free day and what kid doesn't look forward to that?

We opened presents in the afternoon when Joseph got home from work.  It has been hard on the kids to wait until evening to open presents so when Joseph is home we do it earlier.  Kimball was excited about all of his presents, which is always a relief.


For dinner Kimball wanted krautburgers--a first for him.  Krautburgers are meat, cabbage and cheese surrounded by bread.  They are really yummy, but time consuming to make so my family is lucky if I make them once a year.  Kimball enjoyed them though.  For dessert Kimball requested a key lime cheesecake.  I have a cheesecake magazine so he was in luck because I found a recipe in the magazine.  I thought the cheesecake had a good key lime flavor, but I would have chosen a different flavor personally.



We are glad Kimball is in our family.  He keeps us on our toes with his keen mind and memory.  He is excited to start 4th grade in 2 weeks.

Here are two pictures of Annika and Lincoln.  They had fun playing in the globe box.


No comments: