We had a great Christmas. I love celebrating the holiday with just our family so we can keep our own traditions alive. We did our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and as we ate we watched Christmas Mormon Messages. After we finished eating we watch A Christmas Carol--I love how the big kids are big enough to watch an adult movie and enjoy it. After our movie we acted out the Nativity. I think this is Rebecah's favorite part of the evening because she gets to play Mary. I'm not sure what she'll do when Annika is big enough to express her desire to be Mary as well.
Christmas morning was wonderful. The girls woke up about 6:45 and we helped Kimball wake up around 7. We let Lincoln sleep as late as he wanted, about 8:15. Lincoln missed most of the present opening, but he didn't care and we saved his presents for him. The big kids wanted to open them since Lincoln was still asleep. The kids were happy with their gifts. It is always a relief when I see how happy the kids are. Kimball really wanted some expensive LeBron James shoes, but we just kept telling him that Santa doesn't give expensive shoes to boys when they will out grow them in a year.
 |
Joseph, Mary and the baby Jesus. The kids were disappointed that Lincoln was too big to play Baby Jesus this year. |
 |
| A happy Mary. |
 |
| Santa came! |
 |
| Skates from Santa. |
 |
Annika was all over the candy that Santa left and the cookies that he didn't finish. Who needs presents when treats are out for breakfast? |
 |
| One of my favorite gifts was the Shepherd and animals to round out my Willow Tree Nativity. Joseph has given me parts of the set over the last year and I'm so excited to have the set complete. I have always wanted a nice Nativity. |
 |
Not the best picture, but Annika and Lincoln LOVE this toy. The big kids do too, for that matter. |
 |
I had to get 1 shot of Lincoln. Here he is playing with Annika's new vacuum. This is another toy that both babies love. |
I love the Christmas season and celebrating the birth of Christ. We always try to remind our kids that we celebrate Christmas because we celebrate Christ. We are so blessed to have a Savior.
1 comment:
I love your girls' hair..it's amazing! Also, I remember a certain male nurse asking for Air Jordans, because according to him, that's what male nurses wore in the hospital haha...so, Kimball is kinda like his Uncle Spencer...they have expensive taste in sneakers.
Post a Comment