This week I transitioned the babies from sleeping on boppy pillows to flat on their backs at night. Over the Christmas break we transitioned them from their car seats to the boppies so we have come a long way. Lincoln has done really well with the transition. I thought he would struggle since he doesn't like sleeping flat on his back during the day, but he has surprised me. He is even sleeping better at night only getting up once to eat after going to bed at 8:30 and then getting up for the day anywhere between 6 -7:30. Joseph and I tend to go to bed pretty early so only eating once in that time frame is great, I think. Annika has had more of a struggle with the sleep transition, but she is still doing well. She might get up twice in the night which is still pretty good for her.
Both babies are now smiling and it is so fun to see smiles break across their faces. They smile at everyone in the family, but I still think I get the biggest and best smiles. I should since I care for them the most!
They aren't rolling over yet, but I'm trying to be more diligent about tummy time. I don't really care when they start rolling over because I know they will get there when they are ready.
Annika loves to sleep during the day in the swing. If the swing stops it isn't long before she is waking up. Lincoln still loves to be held to sleep during the day, although he will nap in the bouncer.
The evenings are still the craziest because that is when the babies are usually the grumpiest. When Joseph is gone in the evenings it isn't rare for me to be holding both babies keeping them happy.
| |
| Lincoln smiling with his tongue sticking out. |
| |
| More smiles. |
| I couldn't capture any of Annika's smiles. She gets camera shy or at least she doesn't realize it is me behind the camera. |
| Chillin' in the swing. |
| Big smile from the big sister. A baby post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Rebecah with one of the babies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment