Friday, December 19, 2014

Hanukkah Wishes

For Social Studies this month Kimball has been learning about different holidays.  I believe his class talked about Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Christmas.  As part of the Hanukkah holiday they made a paper menorah with the names of family and friends that Kimball would bless.  I thought it was sweet that Kimball included all of his family members.



Here is a brief run down of the wishes for everyone:

Rebecah:  happiness
Annika:  to get over her cold
Mrs. Ryan:  happiness (this is his teacher)
Lincoln: good health
Friend: to be nice
Dad: time to be home (Kimball loves his Dad and really struggles when Joseph's work schedule doesn't allow them to be home at the same time.)
Mom: time to relax (this really touched me and also let me know that Kimball is aware of just how busy I am with the babies.  I feel guilty that I can't give Kimball and Rebecah more of my time because the babies need me so much, but it was sweet that he would wish for me to have more time to relax.  Goodness knows I haven't opened a book in 9 weeks and I only occasionally turn on a movie Friday or Saturday evening when I'm holding babies so I feel like I'm spending time with the older kids too by watching a movie with them.)
Fish: to find food  (I had to ask Kimball about this one...He said he wanted his fish that we let go in the lake when we moved to be able to find food.  It has been over 2 years, but I guess he still thinks of his fish every so often.  I guess it hasn't dawned on him that they were probably fish food themselves shortly after we let them go!)

I loved this project that Kimball did and it is definitely a keeper!

No comments: