Our Christmas Eve was quiet but nice. We planned on going on a sleigh ride like we did last year, but we don't have any snow. We live in "snow city" but we didn't have a white Christmas. We were really disappointed. Instead of going on the sleigh ride we visited an elderly woman from church and sang her some Christmas songs. We also had our traditional dinner and a short program. For the first time we acted out the Nativity. I thought it was the perfect opportunity since we had small babies to play the part of Baby Jesus. Rebecah was Mary, Kimball was Joseph, Lincoln was Baby Jesus, Joseph was the Donkey, I was the narrator, and Annika was an angel. Kimball, Joseph, and Rebecah were also the Wise Men. The kids enjoyed acting out the story that we had to do an encore on Christmas Day.
Rebecah was SO excited to be Mary. She had her blue dress planned out days in advance. Somewhere she learned that Mary dressed in blue so she HAD to wear her blue dress. I loved it!
 |
| At the manger |
 |
| Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem. |
 |
Add in the donkey...I just chuckle thinking of Joseph as the donkey. At one point Rebecah said Joseph could be a camel instead of a donkey. |
 |
| The Wise Men bringing gifts. |
 |
Annette with Lincoln. I don't have many pictures of the babies and me so even though the background isn't great I have a picture of myself holding Lincoln. |
No comments:
Post a Comment