Monday, November 10, 2014

Halloween Fun

Our Halloween celebration felt a little stifled this year.  I didn't decorate weeks in advance because I knew I would be recovering from surgery and I didn't want to add one more task to my list.  So, Joseph decorated for Halloween about 5 days before the holiday.  The kids loved it and it was sweet of Joseph to decorate since he knows I usually do.

Kimball's school had a Halloween activity and Joseph took Kimball and Rebecah.  I stayed home and rested.  They got to the school just as it started so they were able to make it through a third of the games before the gym got super crowded and loud.  They had fun and came home with a good start to their Halloween candy stash.

This year Kimball dressed as the Bumblebee transformer and Rebecah was at friendly witch.

At the school carnival.
One of the booths at the carnival was this shadow screen.  I loved the different poses Joseph captured
"I'll get you my pretty..."

Kimball striking a pose.

I have the power!

Our ward also did a Trunk or Treat a few days before Halloween.  This was another activity that I skipped.  The kids and Joseph had a nice time.  Again, the kids got quite a stash of candy.
I think Rebecah looks so pretty here and Kimball looks rather grumpy.  Maybe he was "in character"?
I don't know much about the Bumblebee transformer.

I had some Halloween sleepers for the babies to wear.  Lincoln's was 0-3 month size and quite big.  Annika's was newborn size and fit just a tad better.
Lincoln just chillin'.

Annika sleeping.

Lincoln's awake and Annika, wants to keep sleeping...that's a yawn.
We carved our pumpkin on the afternoon of Halloween.  We didn't have time before then or it didn't cross my mind to do it earlier.  The kids seemed to enjoy it even though it was a simple face.  Kimball wasn't feeling well on Halloween so he didn't want to pose for a picture.  Rebecah obliged with our pumpkin.
Ready to go trick or treating.  Rebecah insisted on wearing that teal dress even though it
didn't match the costume very well.  It was a small thing, really.

The kids only went on a small loop in our neighborhood, but we have very generous neighbors.  Some neighbors told the kids to take multiple pieces of candy and others just gave out full-size candy bars.  They got very little "junk" candy and most of what they got was chocolate in some variety.  They have been very willing to share with Joseph and me.  I did not give out candy.  I had my hands full with the babies and I didn't want to be manning the door.  We'll give candy out again next year!









No comments: