Failed Trip To Washington D.C.
Joseph and I made plans to visit D.C. so he could attend a medical conference and I could see D.C. since it is at the top of my "Must See" places. We made arrangements for the kids to spend time with friends and everything was working out until the day of our trip. A foot of snow fell the day we were supposed to leave. We actually sat on the run way in our airplane for an hour and a half before the airline decided the weather was too bad for us to de-ice and take off. I was disappointed, I'm not going to lie. I still hope to make it to D.C. at some point! The kids were disappointed as well. The good news is that we were able to get our entire trip refunded so we weren't out any expense. The next available flight was a Saturday and our original leave date was Wednesday so we couldn't even re-book our flight.
St. Patrick's Day
I always try to make the smaller holidays fun for the kids so we decorate and eat special food on this day. The leprechauns didn't forget to visit this year like they did last year. The kids were excited about the "gold" (Rolo candy) that the leprechauns left.
Annual Trip to the Dentist
The kids were so excited to visit the dentist this year. I personally hate going to the dentist, but I'm glad they think it is fun. We all came away cavity free so that was a relief for me!
9th Anniversary
Joseph and I celebrated our anniversary this month. We had our traditional dinner of homemade egg rolls and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I look forward to this meal all year and I'm always sad when the leftovers are gone. Both the egg rolls and cheesecake are time intensive and on the expensive side for your everyday meal so we only eat it on our anniversary. So yummy. I wasn't feeling very well on our anniversary and Joseph worked all day so it wasn't the most exciting of anniversaries, but any anniversary is a celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment