Yesterday we hosted a Cinco de Mayo party. We don't have any Mexican friends in the area yet, but we still wanted to celebrate the day with bright colors and festive food. We invited 2 families to join us and it was a lot of fun. I made festive food...some dishes more authentic than others, but it tasted good. I fully intended to take pictures of the food, but I forgot once it was all out.
The weather was perfect...about 75. In the sun it was almost "hot", but I don't want to use that word to describe the weather when summer still looms in the future and there wasn't any humidity yesterday.
.JPG) |
| Here you can see some of the decorations I made and the view from our deck. |
.JPG) |
| Closer view of the decor. |
We all had fun with the pinata and it was fun to see the two girls hit the pinata delicately and then to see the boys go at it with such vigor. There were some great facial expressions.
.JPG) |
| We started with the smallest in the group (18 mos) and worked up the age ranks to 6. The 6 year old didn't get it completely broken so I tried my hand at it along with another mom. |
.JPG) |
Rebecah hit it so ladylike. I tried to get her to really whack it, but she wouldn't.
|
.JPG) |
| A very determined expression. |
.JPG) |
| Kimball sizing it up. |
It was fun socializing with people from church and getting to know them better. My kids loved running around with other kids and we are all excited to host another party.
1 comment:
Looks awesome!
Post a Comment