I admit it, Halloween was slightly overlooked this year since we just made our big move, but I did try to do a few fun crafts with the kids so they wouldn't feel a complete lack of holiday spirit. I'm trying to do preschool with Kimball and Rebecah each day since Kimball misses preschool so much. I decided that we would make pumpkin faces with shapes. We managed to get 5 shapes in if you count the pumpkin as an oval. This also enabled Kimball to practice his scissor skills which he was excited about.
 |
| I'm not sure why Rebecah did her pumpkin's mouth upside down, but that is Rebecah for you. I just told her what shape was intended for each facial feature. |
Another craft that we did was to make candy corn out of construction paper. I did the tracing and cutting this time around, but let the kids put them together how they wanted. Rebecah had some cute candy corn.
Kimball was trilled to finally be able to use his white colored pencil and crayon so he drew a Halloween picture.
 |
| In this picture Kimball is on the far right. Then there is one of his candy corn with his pumpkin face next to it. It was a cloudy day outside so the clouds are above the pumpkin face. The far right had corner is a ghost. I thought it was rather clever of him. |
 |
| We put our candy corn on the kitchen cabinets. |
 |
| And we also hung them from the valance in the living room. |
Since Halloween was low on my priority list this year, just pretend that you didn't remember Kimball and Rebecah had the same costumes last year!
 |
| Typical Rebecah fashion...mouth wide open. She has been doing that a lot lately. |
 |
| Cake Walk...actually instead of getting cupcakes, they handed out stickers. It was less messy and then I didn't mind that Rebecah won multiple times. |
 |
| Face Painting |
 |
| Finished product...a dragon in flight. |
On the actual night of Halloween we went to the library to see what was there. It was a rather un-Halloweenish way to spend the evening, but at the library there was this skeleton where kids could take pictures.
 |
| Skeleton Kimball |
 |
| Rebecah Skeleton |
On to Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to make it a bigger deal than Halloween, but there isn't room in our small apartment for our Harvest tree so we will have to come up with other ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment