Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's day! The last two years we have made it a family day instead of just a husband and wife day and we love it. It just seems fitting to make it a family day since it's a day of love. Our family wouldn't be the same without our children.

We decorated for Valentine's Day about a month ago after my sister, Kristin, sent me some pictures of some Valentine crafts she had done. I was able to replicate them fairly well and Kimball LOVED having decorations up.

We made and sent out a few Valentines and Kimball really enjoyed that too. I again, copied Kristin's ideas, and made little elephant Valentine's for Joseph and the children, the sisters I visit teach, and the Primary/Nursery teachers. It was so fun to see the joy on the faces of our friends when we gave them our Valentines. Kimball's Primary teacher called me yesterday to thank me a second time for her Valentine and said it was the first time in 10 years that she had received a Valentine. (Her husband died 10 years ago.) I was so grateful I had thought to make Valentines for the church teachers.

For Valentine's Day I made white chocolate cranberry scones for breakfast. Kimball loves them, we all do, and I had to rein him in when he wanted to eat more than 2. Joseph only ate two. For dinner I made chicken enchiladas, homemade refried beans, rice, asparagus and jello salad. For dessert we had a chocolate cranberry cheesecake. The cheesecake was really soft and had just subtle chocolate and cranberry flavors. None of my pictures turned out well, but it tasted good!

Kimball and Rebecah loved having little presents to open. Kimball got a Hotwheel Hummer and Rebecah got a dress.

Who's Pretty?



ME!



I think I did a good job framing Kimball's head between the hanging hearts.



Kimball said today that his favorite holidays are Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Christmas. He was sad when we took down the Valentine decorations, but I quickly put up a shamrock garland that I made and we will continue to decorate as I get our green decorations made.

I hope you all felt loved and appreciated yesterday.

Now, on to St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: