Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I've Had a Birthday...

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 32. Joseph had to work, unfortunately, he doesn't get Columbus Day off like all of my brothers-in-law seemed to get off...Oh well, he was home shortly before 4:30 so it was earlier than it could have been.

I had a nice day. Kimball woke up and told me I needed to get ready for my birthday. I asked him what he meant and he said I needed to blow up balloons and put up crepe paper the way I do for everyone else. I told him that if he wanted balloons he and Daddy would have to do it. Kimball immediately ran to tell Daddy he needed to blow up balloons. It was sweet that he wanted me to have decorations on my birthday. Anytime Kimball remembered it was my birthday he would sing to me. Rebecah got in to it as well and started saying "happy" when she saw my cake or candles or balloons.

A few months ago my double stroller broke so I told Joseph that more than anything I wanted a stationary bike so I could continue to exercise. I told Joseph that a good double stroller would cost as much if not more than a bike, and Kimball really is getting too heavy to push in the stroller! I got my bike and we all love it. Joseph set it up on Saturday and every member of the family had to take a ride. Anytime Rebecah sees someone on the bike she needs a "turn" too. She loves to sit up there and feel big.

Rebecah "exercising" before attending a wedding Saturday.



She can just reach and hold herself on.



I had my usual...chocolate truffle cake for dessert. It was the concentrated dose of chocolate I needed and had been craving for a few weeks!



My sister sent me some flowers. She knew I needed them yesterday. Joseph usually doesn't give me flowers because he knows I'm too practical to justify spending the money on flowers. Heather also knows that I'm too practical so she did great sending me impractical beautiful flowers! I really like them and I might have to tell Joseph not to always let me be practical because flowers are nice. The flowers were a nice birthday surprise!



My roses.



Thanks to all who sent cards and gifts to help me feel special. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

The flowers look pretty, so I'm glad that I could spoil you a little bit, especially since I know that you/Joseph are way too practical to spend your money on flowers. Every girl deserves flowers every now and then!

Chris and Katie said...

Rebekah is so pretty! Happy Belated Birthday Annette. Excited to be able to see you and Joseph and the two littles for Christmas!