Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Primary Program!

Kimball participated in his first Primary Sacrament Meeting Program this year. He was asked to memorize Moroni 10:4-5 and he did a great job. We spent about a month helping him memorize it and then polishing it so he didn't have any mistakes. He had it mostly memorized after the first week.

The Primary had 3 practices prior to the Sacrament Meeting and he always said his part in a nice loud voice for the practices.

The day of the Program I made Kimball a special breakfast. He requested cinnamon rolls, but he said I could try a streusel pumpkin sweet roll recipe that I wanted to try. The rolls weren't outstanding, but Kimball said he liked them.

When Kimball's turn came he walked up to the podium and climbed up on the step stool. I could see the nervousness in his face. He turned to the Primary worker that was helping at the microphone and tapped his forehead as if to say: "I know my part, it's right here, I just need a minute to remember it because a lot of people are staring at me!" In a quite little voice Kimball proceeded to recite his entire scripture. His head got lower and lower as he recited hoping that the people would go away if he didn't see them or look at him.

We were so proud of him and many people in our congregation complimented Kimball on having such a long scripture memorized perfectly.

To reward Kimball for a job well done we went to Burger King tonight as a family for ice cream. Kimball and Rebecah and been filling a cup with cheerios so we could go to Burger King, but we thought Kimball needed something extra special for doing such a great job so we went out for ice cream.

Here we are at Burger King. Kimball had a strawberry sundae.



Moroni 10:4-5:
"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things."

No comments: