Okay, I'm going to clear the air...we have a nickname for Rebecah and it came in a round about sort of way. When she was a few months old we started calling her "Rebecahcita" which in Spanish would be a term of endearment meaning "little Rebecah". After calling her Rebecahcita for a while we shortened her name to just "Cita". I know all of those Spanish speakers out there are thinking "cita" means appointment in Spanish and it does, but it's also Rebecah's nickname. I have found that we rarely call her Rebecah anymore unless I'm around others who don't know we call her Cita. So if I refer to her as Cita in our blog you'll know why. I'm not a fan of shortened forms of names so calling her Becca or Becky are out. It would be similar to calling Joseph "Joe" and I cringe to even type it. So Cita it is.
Anyway, Cita turned 9 months old yesterday. She is a wonderful fun girl. She loves to play and make people laugh or laugh herself. She is very much a Mama's girl and that is difficult at times when she doesn't want anyone but me! She has 3 teeth with more coming soon. She is close to crawling and the day she does crawl will be bittersweet. I'll be glad she reached that milestone but sad that she'll be on the loose.
At the doctor's office today she weighed in 16 lbs 11 oz so she is on the small side.
Here are a few pictures:
She loves to sit on Joseph's shoulders and bounce around.

She and I wanted to be twins a few days ago.

Here is her ladylike pose from Sunday.
1 comment:
Love the pictures! Alida was such a mommy's girl, so I totally understand that. At least you know you are loved! And Happy Birthday, because I'm writing this on your birthday--I don't know if your card made it to you on time. I hope your day is wonderful!
Post a Comment