Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brother Bear & Sister Bear

We have been reading a lot of books lately. Kimball is on a book kick, especially a Berenstain Bear kick, so we are running with it. When we go to the library we always have to come home with at least 1 bear book. My sister, Heather, gave Kimball a little collection of 5 books in 1 and we read from it frequently. The first book is "The New Baby" and I wanted that story when I was pregnant with Rebecah...I even looked for it at the library.

Anyway, we have talked about the bear cubs and how they are similar to Kimball and Rebecah. At times we even call Rebecah "Sister Bear". Last night at dinner we were Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Sister Bear and Little Bear. In "The New Baby", Brother Bear is called Little Bear because he isn't a brother yet. Kimball usually refers to himself as Little Bear when asigning names to our family. I'm hoping I can find clothes so we can dress as the Bear family for Halloween. For Mama Bear's outfit I might have to look in the pajama section.

My favorite part of the entire Berenstain Bear kick right now is hearing Kimball "read" the books to himself. He looks at the pictures and follows the storyline for all to hear.

No comments: