Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

This year was the first year that we have really celebrated St. Patrick's Day. We are trying to teach Kimball that holidays are fun even if they are smaller holidays. We looked at some festive pictures on the computer and printed Kimball a St. Patrick's Day coloring page. He enjoyed coloring it.
On Wednesday we found something green to wear and then we got to work in the kitchen. Kimball and I made green pistachio salad and a coconut cake. We made the frosting green. For dinner we also ate broccoli and green waffles.
Here is a picture of Joseph, Rebecah, and Kimball in their green at the dinner table.

Picture of Annette with the green coconut cake.

Our green food.

Thursday when Kimball woke up he asked if it was still St. Patrick's Day. He enjoyed our special day. I just hope he doesn't associate Wednesdays with St. Patrick's day from now on.

I painted our kitchen last Saturday and finished it up on Monday just in time for the holiday. It is a pale green. You can't really see the color well in the pictures, but it is slightly lighter than the cake. It was a big job and I'm glad it's finished. I'm even happier that our kitchen no longer has the wallboard showing!

No comments: