Growing up I always thought that I hated coconut. Now that I am older I have discovered that I really like the flavor of coconut and what I don't like is the texture of coconut. I don't like finding bits of flaked coconut in my mouth after I have eaten it...it grosses me out.
Over the past few years I have started putting small amounts of coconut in a few things that I make...granola being one of them. I enjoy the flavor and at least in granola the texture doesn't bother me.
Kristin, my sister, told me about a coconut cake she was making and it sounded surprisingly tempting, so I had her send me the recipe. I made the recipe for St. Patrick's day and I really liked it. Cream of coconut is SO good. The only flakes of coconut were in the coconut pudding mix that I used for part of the frosting and they didn't bother me.
A picture of the cake is in our St. Patrick's Day post.
No comments:
Post a Comment