Sunday, September 7, 2025

August

Our August was full of a variety of outings and activities.  We enjoyed the last few weeks of summer.

Camping trip to Robert H. Treman State Park in Ithaca











Trip to Ottawa for Joseph and Kimball for Kimball's birthday.






















Kimball found some Dutch food treasures!  He really misses some of the Dutch candies...licorice... which he learned to like in the Netherlands.

I took the younger kids to the zoo.  Our zoo is small so we can walk leisurely through it in an hour and a  half.














Kimball, Rebecah and I have started a new tradition of getting together each Friday night to "borrel."  That's a Dutch term to describe sitting around eating little cubes of cheese, cocktail peanuts, olives, other nuts, etc. and visiting.  I think it's a great tradition!


Kimball's 18th birthday!  I can't believe Kimball is a legal adult, but then again, I have been thinking of him as 18 for about 6 months.  He has grown into a wonderful young man!  He's more responsible and he has a confidence about him that I just love.  His birthday was fairly low key... he worked and then we had his favorite dinner at home.





Twinners!


State Fair 2025

The weather during this year's State Fair was wonderful!  We were able to walk around in long pants and still feel a little chilly at times.  We all agreed we would rather have a day at the fair in the upper 60s than in the 80s or 90s. 



There was mini golf this year, so everyone got in on the action.




In the Exposition Center there was an Ice Age display.  All of the younger kids wanted a picture with the baby wooly mammoth.



Rebecah wanted to go to Boldt Castle, so the two of us made it a day trip. Earlier in the year we watched the Downton Abbey series together and that inspired Rebecah's love for beautiful houses and finery.

On the boat to Heart Island.

Every time I visit the castle I am impressed with how the castle has been restored and how well they take care of it.
















Oh, to live in the lap of luxury!  Not very realistic in this day and age.

Lincoln likes to wrap up in his comforter in the mornings and it always reminds me of this baby picture of him.  I think he has a little more hair now than he did back then!

 

We have toured the schools, received schedules/classroom assignments, bought school supplies and backpacks.  We are ready for school to start!

No comments: