Sunday, December 8, 2024

November

 November was rather calm. I like that after the busyness of October and before the celebrations in December.  The kids were off school on election day (our schools are polling places), Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.  The kids enjoyed their days off. 

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  We invited a single friend to join us for dinner.  He was very appreciative of the food.  We also saw the first snowflakes of the season on Thanksgiving.  That is MUCH later than we usually see our first snowflakes.

On Black Friday, Rebecah and I braved the crowds and went shopping.  I rarely go Black Friday shopping, but I was willing to go with Rebecah, since she only wanted to go to Old Navy.  In the afternoon we went bowling as a family which is our Black Friday tradition.




We are all decorated for Christmas.  The kids wanted to start decorating early this year so we slowly started putting things out mid-November.  

Kimball continues to thrive in the Netherlands. This month he spent a weekend in The Hague and took a few day trips here and there.  He will be switching schools in January because of some difficulties in his current school.  At his new school he will be with two other Rotary exchange students and his host brother. 

Kimball with Chris and Gea, his host parents.

No comments: