March didn't feel quite so busy as some months! It was wonderful!
Rebecah was discharged from physical and occupational therapy. She wasn't discharged because she is better, unfortunately, but discharged because the therapists have done all that they can for her. She was also discharged from the Concussion Center and placed in the hands of a neurologist for the same reason. Her brain has had plenty of time to heal and now she is just learning to deal with reoccurring headaches. These headaches come from noise, visual stimulation, stress, etc. We hope she eventually has fewer and fewer headaches. As we were walking out the door at our last Concussion Center appointment the practitioner did tell us about Neurolens. They are specialty glasses that help with eye misalignment that can cause headaches, neck and eye strain, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, etc. Rebecah has almost all of the symptoms so we decided to have a Neurolens evaluation. The doctor thinks Rebecah is a good candidate for these lenses. Her lenses are ordered and should arrive soon.
Rebecah at the therapy facility.
Tired from a busy day at school and her headache medications.
This pie is all that Joseph and I have to show from our anniversary celebration. We went to a play, Murder On The Orient Express and we both enjoyed the production. We had lasagna for dinner and I made a Reese's peanut butter pie which was delicious! Nineteen years of marriage. Next year will be the big 2-0.
Joseph joined a local orchestra earlier this year and they had their spring concert. The little kids and I were able to attend his concert. Joseph is very excited to be playing with a group.
I love Easter!!! Holy Week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I decided we needed a few more decorations, so I added these pictures this year and the wooden Easter scene. I loved looking at the hearth and seeing our Easter decor.
On Palm Sunday the kids and I made hand print palm fronds. I saw the idea from two of our female church leaders and I thought it would be a great idea for our Primary. I gave all of the Primary children the supplies to make the fronds. These were ours. I think they turned out really well and it was a fun way to remember Palm Sunday.
I tried to do special things most of Holy Week. We made the palm fronds, we had homemade tortillas on Thursday to remember the first sacrament and on Friday I made hot cross buns. It was my first time making them and I think they turned out fairly well. For breakfast on Easter Sunday, I made resurrection rolls, which is a family favorite.
We had a nice Easter and I didn't take a single picture! We attended our Easter service at church and then watched Bible videos about Holy Week. For dinner we had baked tilapia, which was really good, and carrot cake for dessert. It was a great day remembering the gift of our Savior's life, death and resurrection.

No comments:
Post a Comment