It was a busy month, but we don't have many pictures to show for it!
One Sunday evening we reminisced about books I had read to Kimball when he was a little boy. He definitely had his favorites that Joseph and I memorized from reading them so many times. Since these books were so well loved they got destroyed and we no longer own them. We were able to find YouTube videos of people reading most of his favorites and we sat and watched them together. Kimball was like a little boy again! I have made a list of his favorites and I'm going to acquire them so I can give them to him when he becomes a dad in another 10+/- years.
For Valentine's day this year Joseph and I went to a Shen-Yun Chinese dance performance. It was really nice. I loved all of the flowing costumes, learning about some of the traditional Chinese stories and seeing the dancing. On Valentine's day, I kept it simple. I gave the kids some candy and I made a red velvet cake for dessert. I'm trying to get away from making the little holidays "big" holidays. No one asked for a special breakfast so I was off the hook and no one seemed too disappointed that we skipped presents.
We have taken up roller skating as a family. We have enough skates or roller blades for everyone in the family. It is fun seeing the little ones master roller skating and it's something the entire family enjoys, except for Eden. She hasn't caught the skating bug and she isn't willing to try skating very long before she is ready for a different activity. She'll get there eventually, and if she doesn't, that's okay, too!
Winter break was the third week in February and the kids enjoyed a week off from school. We didn't do anything overly exciting, but there were football workouts, appointments, play dates, and musical rehearsals that kept us busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment