Friday, November 2, 2018

October

October was a really busy month for me/us.  If you just want a quick recap we celebrated 5 birthdays, there were 3 dental exams, 3 well child visits, 1 orthodontic visit, and one eye appointment.  Joseph and I were out of town for a week, and Joseph's parents visited for two weeks.  Read below for a more in-depth look at our month or just look at the pictures!

Joseph's parents arrived on October 8th.  The kids and Joseph were all home that day.  Joseph and Edie did the airport run much to the disappointment of everyone else!  Our first adventure was to the pick apples.  It was terribly disappointing for me.  I look forward to picking and eating Jonagold apples each year. They are so tasty!  I have always been able to pick my apples on Columbus Day, but this year when we went they said we couldn't pick those apples.  I was really crushed and it ruined my day even though I tried not to show it.  We picked the varieties that were available, but I thought they were tasteless and not good to eat.  I think everyone else enjoyed the day. Next year I'll start calling the orchard at the beginning of October so I don't miss my apples!  Here are some pictures from Abbott's Farm:







It's a fun farm with animals we can feed and pet, a pumpkin patch, country store, etc. 


Some of the kids were less than happy to pose for me, but they filled all of the holes!

This is a similar picture to one I took 6 months ago when Grandpa visited.  Joseph's parents were such good sports about reading endless books to the kids.  They sat like this day after day just listening to stories and discussing the pictures.  



Joseph took a day trip with his parents to Watkins Glen.  It really is a must see when you visit New York.  I stayed home so I could do the preschool run and I also used the time to make my French Silk pie for my birthday and to clean the house.  I don't know if Joseph took any pictures at Watkins Glen!

The 10th was my 39th birthday.  I planned to have soup on my birthday, but when I realized it was going to be almost 80 degrees I switched to my favorite salad.  It's hard to beat a yummy salad!  In the morning we took a quick trip to Pratts Falls so we could have an outing while the kids were at preschool.  It was a nice morning for a hike.





Annika and I were twinners on my birthday!  I love matching with my family.  My friends and family know me well and I received a LOT of chocolate for my birthday.  Everything in moderation is my philosophy so I have quite the chocolate stash and I think it will last a while.    


Edie's 2nd Birthday!
Edie turned 2 on the 12th.  She got so excited for her birthday.  Hearing people sing "Happy Birthday" made her the happiest and she still goes around signing it.  Edie's day was fairly low key, but I think she was happy.  Her presents were modest, but after her new baby and stroller she really didn't care about anything else.  Edie has become very vocal and she has a fairly loud voice.  She loves to sing at the top of her lungs in Sacrament Meeting.  We get quite a few smiles when the kids break out into song during church!  Edie is also becoming quite the tease.  She loves to see her sibling react when she does something they don't like.  We are trying to put her in time out, but it's hard when she's so cute!







Edie loves her Daniel Tiger set and Baby Margaret is her favorite figure to carry around.  Hearing her say "Baby Margaret" is just so sweet!  Here Kimball is modeling Edie's PJ Masks Gecko cape.  Edie won't wear the mask at all!  I made Edie a super yummy and rich chocolate cake with whipped chocolate butter cream frosting.  I'll admit it, the cake was fattening, but it was so yummy!


Lincoln and Annika's 4th Birthday!

Lincoln and Annika officially turned 4 on the 16th, but Joseph and I were out of town that day so we celebrated on the 14th.  Lincoln and Annika were more than happy to celebrate two days early because they were SO excited for their birthday!!  I can't believe my bitty babies are now 4.  They have grown up so fast.  Annika and I recently read the book "Dora's Perfect pumpkin" so she decided that she really wanted pumpkin pie for her birthday treat.  When Lincoln heard Annika wanted pie, he did, too.  I really tried to talk them out of pumpkin pie, but they were insistent.  Sadly, on their birthday they didn't like their pies!  I tell myself that they were just too full of pizza to eat dessert...a very real possibility! 








Lincoln and Annika also received PJ Masks capes and masks.  It really was perfect that all three capes came in a set.  Lincoln especially loves his cape and mask.

Lincoln loves this toy drill and all three little ones like to go around fixing the house!

Lincoln, Annika and Edie all went to the doctor for check up.  Lincoln and Annika received their school shots and they did amazing!  They each had 3 injections and they didn't cry at all while the nurses were sticking them.  They cried plenty once we were at home and their legs were hurting, but I was proud of them for being so brave.  Lincoln is about 32 pounds and Annika about 30.  They are both 39 inches.  Edie was about 24 pounds.

On October 15th Joseph and I flew to London for 5 days.  Stay tuned for some posts about London!



Annika loves to color!  The last birthday we celebrated was Greg's.  It was fun to have him visit on his birthday!  He had cherry pie which is one of his favorites!  



The kids had a lot of fun having Grandpa and Grandma visit.  They did fun activities with the kids while Joseph and I were gone...fun dinners/desserts, decorating apples and pumpkins and just having things more relaxed without mom and dad around.  The kids were very sad to tell Grandma and Grandpa good-bye.  It will probably be 2+ years before we see them again.  

Now that Lincoln and Annika are 4 they can ride the bus to and from preschool.  They get on the bus with Rebecah in the morning and then they have a short 10 minute ride after school.  They enjoy riding the bus and it does make my morning a little easier.

With October being such a busy month we didn't have time to carve pumpkins.  It just wasn't a priority.  Since we didn't have time the squirrels did it for us!  Can you believe what the squirrels did to our pumpkins?  I snapped this picture when it looked like a face, but they eventually chewed a big hole into the pumpkin.  I did buy two other pumpkins and put them in the garage so we could carve them, but they are still there waiting to be carved.

Halloween was really an after thought for me this year.  I just didn't have the energy to decorate or get excited about the holiday.  We did have a party at church so we pulled out the costume boxes on the day of the party.  The kids had fun mixing and matching different costumes.



Here is Edie with Baby Jude.  She talks about him all of the time!  He wasn't happy about her holding him, but she was thrilled!!  Annika was Rapunzel, Rebecah a Hogwarts student, Lincoln a fireman, Kimball a baseball player and Edie didn't want to dress up.


The forecast for Halloween was rain so I just told the kids we would trick or treat inside and then watch a Halloween show.  Well, it stopped raining so even though Joseph was working, I took the little ones out trick or treating.  It was in the mid-50s and it ended up being a nice evening.  They didn't get cold or wet and they were happy with any candy they received and in our neighborhood a lot of full-sized candy bars are handed out.  I think we have about 20 big bars.

PJ Masks:  Catboy, Owlette, and Gecko!





No comments: