I can't believe our sweet Edie is one! Eden definitely lives up to the meaning of her name which is "delight, delightful". Words can't express what a joy she has been in our lives this past year. I can't imagine our family without her. A lady that lives in one of our local church congregations has 8 children and I once heard her say something along the lines of: "You will never regret the children you did have, but you may regret the children you didn't have but wanted." I feel this way about Edie. Our family would definitely be missing something without her in our family. I get comments from strangers all of the time about how many kids I have, but I wouldn't give any of them up!
Edie has been a gift from Heaven. I have tried to hold on to her baby-ness and cherish every day with her. I have been able to enjoy her in ways I wasn't able to with the other kids for various reasons. She is so content and happy. She has always been a good sleeper and isn't demanding.
Edie has 6 teeth and her 7th tooth cut through about a week after her birthday. She weighs 16 lbs 14 oz. and is 28 1/2 inches long. She still army crawls and recently started just scooting on her bottom. She is really close to pulling to a stand, but hasn't officially done that yet. She did master climbing up the step from our family room. I'm okay that she is taking her time on her gross motor skills; she'll feel little longer.
For breakfast I gave her a piece of chocolate banana bread. I knew she wasn't having a chocolate birthday treat and thought she still needed some chocolate on her special day. She loved her banana bread. She just might have a sweet tooth like her mama! I know you are all thinking "look at those big blue eyes!" That's another think I hear a lot about Edie--her blue eyes.
For dinner Grandma Bev came over. Annika was very excited and insisted on sitting next to her. I think by the end of dinner Annika was on her lap! It's good to be loved by little ones.
Edie's birthday treat was pumpkin dump cake. During family council we all decided that we would have a non-chocolate dessert for her birthday since I had a chocolate dessert and Lincoln and Annika would be having one, too. She loved it! She loved having us sing to her. She got a big smile on her face.
Edie dumped out her cake onto her tray but wasn't very messy with it at all. Aside from Annika who didn't eat her cake on her first birthday, Edie was probably our cleanest 1 year old.
We didn't really give Edie much for her birthday. We pulled a few things out of the basement for her and put money in her savings acount. She was still loved by other people though and we appreciated everyone who sent her a gift/card.
Here we are together. I needed a few pictures of the two of us together!
Happy Birthday, Edie!! We are excited to see you grow and change this next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment