Thursday, June 15, 2017

Eden--8 Months

Edie is 8 months old!!  I can't believe what a big girl she is getting to be.  She is so fun and such a happy girl.  She decided that she was ready for solids shortly after she turned 7 months old.  Once she decided she was interested in eating she seemed to get the hang of it quickly.  She has liked all of the fruits and vegetables that I have given her.  The only thing she didn't like was rice cereal mixed with formula, and who can really blame her?  Formula just smells terrible so it probably tastes just as terrible!

She still loves to sleep wrapped in a blanket or in her snowsuit so we are having to slowly transition her to sleeping without the snowsuit.  It warmed up last week and I just couldn't bring myself to put her in the snowsuit since it was so hot, but she started crying a few hours later so Joseph put her in it and she slept the rest of the night.  Now she just needs her right arm in the snowsuit so she can bring her sleeve to her face and she is content.  I love the little things babies do to find comfort.  

Edie still isn't moving much, but that's perfect.  She pivots on her tummy and she is content. 

Here are some pictures from the last month:


Lincoln wanted to pose with Edie.

Edie loved the wrapping paper we used for Joseph's birthday.  She played with it a long time.



My friend lent me this fun toy and Edie loves it.  It's huge so I'm glad I can borrow it for a few months and then give it back.  Lincoln and Annika like sitting in it, too so I have to keep an eye on them.






Lincoln and Annika both wanted to hold Edie recently.  She is a lot bigger than when they last wanted to hold her.


These two have such fun together!




Lincoln and Annika beat me in to Edie's room and they didn't want her lonely so they threw all of the stuffed animals into her bed!






She is a perfect gem.  I hate it when I have to share her.  I'm glad she will be my little buddy the next 5 years until she starts school.



No comments: