Our main purpose in going to Texas was for a Coffey family reunion, but we decided to leave a few days early so we could also visit my sister, Miriam, who lives about 2 hours from Austin--the reunion location.
We had a nice time visiting with our Lamb cousins. My kids said it was one of the highlights of our trip. We last saw them in 2013. We had a really nice time visiting them. Saturday morning we left early to go visit Research Park on the Texas A&M campus. It was a walking park along a little creek with ducks and turtles. My kids enjoyed this park a lot more than I thought they would. The ducks and turtles were just fascinating to them. We aren't used to the heat and humidity anymore so even though we were there before 9:00 we were wilting. I think Lincoln and Annika had the worst of it. They were so sweaty on their heads we finally put water on their heads to help cool them off since they were wet anyway.
 |
| Duck watching! |
 |
| Joseph, Lincoln, Miriam, and Samantha |
 |
| Mom and Lincoln--best buds! |
 |
Rebecah and Victoria...these two were best buds, too. Even though 2 years separate them they got along great. |
 |
"Come here Little Ducks!" Kim, Annika, Rebecah and Samantha |
 |
| Still coaxing the ducks. Samantha and Rebecah |
 |
| Courtney and Kimball |
 |
| Victoria and Annika playing with the doll house. |
 |
| Victoria and Annika, again. |
 |
| Samantha, Victoria, Rebecah and Courtney |
 |
| Kimball, Courtney, and Samantha doing Family Search together. |
 |
| Sisters! Miriam and Annette |
Sunday afternoon Miriam's girls played their instruments for us...piano, violin, viola, and cello. The girls are all very talented. I love the rich sound of the cello. My favorite part of their concert was when Kim and Michaela took our requests and played some of our favorite hymns. I may not be very refined or cultured since I enjoyed the hymns over the classical pieces, but I always love listening to my favorite hymns!
 |
| Kim (violin) and Michaela (viola) |
 |
| Both families during Sunday dinner. |
In addition to walking around A&M Joseph and Gordon took the kids swimming in the afternoon to help beat the heat. I don't know how Joseph and I lived so many years in the South with the heat. That's probably why I was never willing to go outside during the summer and do things, it was just too hot. As my grandma says...You can always put more on to get warm, but there's only so much you can take off! I think I would much rather be cold than hot. Good thing we moved to Syracuse!
Thanks for letting us visit, Lamb Cousins!!
No comments:
Post a Comment