Tuesday, September 8, 2015

First Day of School 2015

School started today.  We made it through the summer.  I was worried that the summer would be completely crazy trying to keep the big kids entertained while maintaining a schedule for the babies.  It was crazy, but better than I thought it would be.  The big kids went back to school today.  They were a little excited and nervous all at the same time.

Rebecah is in Kindergarten.  There are only 14 kids in her class.  I love the small class size.  In the Kindergarten grade this year there are a lot more boys than girls so in Rebecah's class there are 5 girls and 9 boys.  One of her good friends, a boy from preschool, is in her class.  She came home with a lot to say and excited to go back tomorrow.  She didn't get to finish her lunch so she'll need to learn to eat faster!

Kimball is in 3rd grade.  Where did the time go with him?  He is so grown up.  Kimball is in the class with peanut allergies which he wasn't too excited about.  He can still take peanut butter, but kids with allergies have to sit at a special table.  He is really excited to have a planner this year to write his assignments.  He also intends to write down his plans too and not just the assignments from his teacher.  He wasn't as forthcoming with school news as was Rebecah, but I managed to get a good report about his day.

I think the kids will have a great year.

 



1 comment:

Music City Coffeys said...

I had no idea K had peanut allergies. Dom has a moderate peanut allergy too. He throws up and spikes a fever with peanut butter. I didn't realize there were other Coffeys like him....:(