Thursday, March 13, 2014

News Flash...

After almost 9 years of marriage, we have purchased our first TV.  We started thinking about buying a TV at the start of the year, but it wasn't until we realized we needed a new computer that we seriously considered a TV.  We have been content to watch movies on our laptop, but when we get a new computer we probably won't have a DVD player with it and I still wanted the kids and me to have the option to watch movies.  For those of you who don't know, Joseph rarely watches movies.  I do most of my movie watching when Joseph is working evenings/nights.

I'm sure our TV is small, only 32'', compared to the TV size most people have, but I honestly didn't want a big TV.  The TV seems big to us, especially when you consider that we have been content to watch movies on our laptop for years.  The man at Best Buy tried to convince us that for the size of our family room we NEEDED at least a 40'' TV, but I wasn't buying it.  I didn't want a huge one and I didn't want to have to pay for a huge one.

The kids are excited to have a TV, but we don't plan on paying for a monthly cable service so our life will remain pretty much the same.

3 comments:

Music City Coffeys said...

yay! Congrats...this is a big step for you guys. Cable is overrated anyways.

Holley said...

Cable in definitely overrated. He do have a large TV now, although we lived with a very small one for years. But, I only let the kids watch a half an hour a day and Jake is usually too busy to watch much. I can't imagine watching movies on a laptop though!

Mandy Coffey said...

We've been without cable for 3 years now. Cable is way overrated. Congrats on the new tv!