Last week I celebrated my 34th birthday. Don't tell Joseph, but that means I'm now in my mid-30s. Before I always felt like I was in my early 30s, but not any more. I think I'm okay getting older because I don't feel any older than I did when I was in my 20s.
My birthday was a low-key kind of day. Kimball was at school and Rebecah had preschool. After preschool, Joseph, Rebecah and I went out for lunch. The kids picked out presents for me with the assurance that I could "take them back if I didn't like them." I admit it...I did return their gifts. I just couldn't justify keeping the items when I wouldn't wear them so the kids went with me to choose different items and they seemed okay with it.
I know I mention food a fair amount, but the highlight of my birthday is always the chocolate truffle cake that I make. I only make it on my birthday so I look forward to having it every single year and I savor each piece that I eat! It is a piece of heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment