Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cooking with Kimball

I hope it comes as no surprise that I enjoy cooking.  Since we are currently living in an apartment that comes with 3 flat screen TVs and cable, I admit to watching a few Food Network shows once or twice a week.  The kids love it when I have one of these lazy afternoons because they like to watch with me and they think it is great fun that I'm watching TV. 

Today we watched 2 shows and when I told the kids it was time to turn the TV off, Kimball told me we needed to go cook something...a dessert.  I was on board instantly so we decided on cranberry nut dessert since it was a dessert that could be eaten warm or cold and it was already 3:30.  I didn't have any nuts so I decided to substitute 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate for the nuts and it was a brilliant idea.  It was SO yummy.  

Kimball helping with the chopped cranberries.

Rebecah was in on the action too.


Ready for the oven.
After we got the dessert in the oven the kids proceeded to continue their cooking at the toy kitchen in the living room.  They played so nicely together.  I love it when they do that!

The finished product.  Not the best presentation, but it was delish.

                           



1 comment:

Holley said...

I used to watch a little too much of the food network, my excuse being: what else am I going to do with a colicky infant? I hardly watch it anymore, but whenever I do, I always want to go cook something too! Which of the shows do you like? I loved Alton Brown's "Good Eats" and was so sad when his show ended it's run. I think they still play reruns though. I also liked Paula Deen and Ina Garten, even though I don't cook like either of them. But I think it would be fun!