Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Crafts

This month we have been busy making Christmas crafts.  Syracuse didn't have a Christmas parade so the kids were disappointed that we couldn't attend a Christmas parade like we have the last few years.  We also didn't make it to see Santa either.  Instead, we tried to make our house more festive by making our decorations since our decorations were in storage.

We bought a 4 foot pre-lit tree from Walmart this year since our 7.5 foot tree would be too big for our apartment.  Our ornaments were buried in storage so I made all of the ornaments for our tree.  It was fun to make them and we can use them for years to come.

Our Christmas tree this year with all homemade ornaments.

We also made reindeer hats one day, colored and put together snowmen and elves, and did a Christmas tree.  The kids enjoyed the crafts and I have realized that Kimball will take more time if I am doing the coloring crafts with him so I made my own snowman and elf and then Kimball would try to make his look like mine.

Reindeer Hat with Kimball sticking his tongue through the window in his mouth.

Rebecah's Reindeer hat.

Snowmen that we colored and put together.
Elves that we colored and put together.

Christmas trees in the snow.  I liked Rebecah's tree interpretation.


1 comment:

Music City Coffeys said...

You need to post how you made those ornaments. They look so pretty. I have been meaning to make my own for some time, and would love to know how you did yours. Hope all is well in Syracuse.