Saturday, April 21, 2012

Finished Project

About 7 months ago we bought new sheets for our bed. It didn't take Joseph too long to talk me into making a new quilt for our bed to match our new sheets. The quilt took me about 6 months to complete but it is always nice to have a project to work on. Now that it's finished I feel a little lost and I'm not quite sure what to do with my time even though I still have a few smaller quilt projects to work on and other crafts waiting me in my craft box.

The quilt pattern is called "mine shaft". I think it is fairly self explanatory when you see the pictures. I think the quilt turned out nicely. Kimball was very sweet and he told me it was "the most beautiful quilt ever". He also wanted to sleep with it, but I told him it was mine and it was too big for his bed anyway. I'll make him a big quilt if he wants when he gets married.




Now we need to paint our bedroom so the carpet, quilt and walls all match.

3 comments:

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

Well done! Beautiful quilt!

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I agree with Mom; it turned out great!

Holley said...

I love it! I just bought a very simple quilt pattern and am trying to get up the courage to start it. Have you ever read "Prayers for Sale"? My book club read it about a year ago and quilting was a common theme throughout the book--used as a background for storytelling.