Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Visit

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to spend the week in St. Louis with our family. We started our vacation with a trip to Memphis to attend the temple. While at the temple we saw Annette's sister, Sharon, and her family. It was good to see the Leighs because it had been a year and a half since we last saw them.



After Memphis it was on to St. Louis. We spent the first 3 days of our trip with my family and we had a lot of cousin time. My sister, Kristin, and her family are currently living with my mom so we were excited to see our boy cousins for a third time this year. Kimball loved having the boy playmates.



We had my sister step out of the kitchen, her favorite place to be, so she could snap some family pictures for us. Joseph was also able to get some really cute pictures of Cita as well.


On Tuesday we had Thanksgiving dinner with my family and the food was delish. We had all the usual Thanksgiving foods and 3 pies. We enjoyed seeing Laura and her family while we were there too. They say baby Amy shreaks, but I am still waiting to hear her in action.




Wednesday morning we headed up to the Coffey house to spend the last three days of our trip. We saw more family and had a great time and good food. Grandma kindly bought a new car toy for Kimball to play with and it was an instant hit. He wants one for our house now too.

After a tasty dinner on Thanksgiving Joseph and I went with Mandy and Jonathan to see Despicable Me. I had never heard of it but it had a really cute ending. My sister, Heather, worked at a movie theater when she was a teenager and I always thought it was strange when she said people would come to the movies on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I guess I'm now in the strange category since we went to the movies on Thanksgiving. It was kind of nice though to go watch a movie and then come home for pie.

While with the Coffeys we also took a tour of the Cathedral Basilica in downtown St. Louis. It was beautiful. It is well know for its mosaics and I now know why. We also went to the Mills Mall...for some fun. We planned on ice skating, but the free skating was almost over so we did some other fun rides instead. Here are some pictures of Kimball sitting in various cars that we saw throughout the mall.



Here are some pictures of us on a car ride. The pictures are a little fuzzy because the cars whipped around the curve of the track so quickly. Kimball was a little alarmed to be thrown around each corner...I was too for that matter!



My one regret about the visit with the Coffeys is that we didn't get more pictures. It never seemed to be a good time or baby Jo was sleeping or not feeling well. Next visit we'll have to get more pictures.

We had a great time but it is also nice to be back home and in our own beds again.

1 comment:

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I'm glad you came to St. Louis for Thanksgiving this year. I had a lot of fun, and it sounds like you did too! Also, I'm so proud of you for going to a movie on Thanksgiving! That's very un-Annette of you!