Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have a great husband...that's a given. But, Joseph is great at making and keeping and tracking his goals that he makes every year. He diligently keeps a planner and marks the days when he works on his goals and gets a tally at the end of the year.
A few months ago I find Joseph just sitting and pondering in our study and he said he was thinking of his goals for 2010. He wanted to set goals in different areas and have the grand total equal 2010. When I found him he was trying to think of one last goal that he could do 250 times/days/etc. I first suggested 250 diaper changes...that would be a big help. Joseph's final decision was to do 250 baths for our kids.
I'm super excited about this goal. Neither of us really enjoys giving baths; they don't take long, but we just don't like it. I don't think I have ever enjoyed any of Joseph's goals as much as I will this one. I told Joseph I would even make a paper chain to help him keep track of the baths. Here is what I did last night on New Year's Eve while Joseph was helping with our ward NYE party. I think I got off easily since I just made the chain and Joseph will be the one doing the work.