Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The BIG 3-0

My birthday was Saturday and I’m no longer a twenty-something. I’m excited to be 30. We originally planned to leave Kimball with friends so Joseph and I could go to Hot Springs, AR together. Our friends had an out-of-town family event come up so we had to postpone our plans. We hope to go to Hot Springs in a few weeks.

Anyway, our day ended up being low-key, but it was a nice birthday. Joseph made me French toast for breakfast. I don’t think I had to cook or do any dishes the entire day, diapers, too, for that matter!

Kimball seemed more excited about my birthday than his own, which was in August, probably because he knew how exciting birthdays are now. We told him that we would have cake and presents after he woke up from his nap. Joseph got him up from his nap and the first thing Kimball asked for was cake—another instance where his memory rarely fails him. If we tell him something will happen after his nap it is the first thing he always asks about. He got a little upset when the cards and presents ran out. He asked for more.

Here is a picture of Kimball helping to put the candles on the cake.



Here is a picture of Kimball and me with the lit cake. I have a big sweet tooth and rarely is chocolate too rich for me so I thoroughly enjoyed my chocolate truffle cake. I even risked eating a piece of it Sunday before going in for my glucose screening Monday. I couldn't decide which picture of Kimball I liked better so I included both.





In the evening we went to a Harvest Party that a doctor from the hospital hosted. It was a family event so we didn’t have to worry about any drinking. The doctor has a barn on his property and had games planned for the kids and dinner for all. Kimball had a blast and didn’t want to leave. Here is a picture of Kimball already to leave for the party.