Friday, August 7, 2009

Just Like Daddy

Kimball’s current mission in life is to be “just like Daddy,” and that is how it should be. Joseph and Kimball are the best of pals right now. They even have a special greeting that they do when Joseph comes home from work. Joseph rides his bike since he is only 2 blocks from the office and 4 blocks from the hospital. He usually calls before coming home and I open the door so Kimball can watch out the storm door for Joseph. I always know when the two of them see each other because Kimball starts shaking his head in their special way. I made the mistake yesterday of doing their greeting to Kimball and he took off for the door saying “Daddy”. I had to quickly smooth things over before Kimball started to cry because Daddy wasn’t really home.

So, I go into Kimball’s room last night as we are starting to get him ready for bed and I saw this:




Before bed each night Joseph will play some hymns on the recorder while I change Kimball’s diaper and get him in his pajamas. Last night Kimball was in Joseph’s chair playing the recorder and had the hymnal wide open. He would play a few notes and then turn to the next song and that continued until Joseph went into Kimball’s room.

I’m glad Kimball and Joseph are buddies. I don’t mind in the least because Kimball saves plenty of hugs and snuggles for me.